Monday, July 19, 2010

Getting through the day

I am struggling today getting motivated for work. I just don't know if my heart is in the right place anymore and if I am hanging on to this job because I really enjoy the enviroment I am woking in. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do. The people I work with is really awesome and we get along very well. It is the boss. And I am starting to wonder after a weekend of deep reflection, if it really is the boss or if it is me. Maybe I am just blaming the boss for my own shortcomings. Our branch manager resigned and I was offered the position. I took it - of course! straight away. The issue I now have is that on friday my boss interviewed another candidate for the position and said that I am not yet ready to manage a branch. I was devistated. I immediately began to question if I really have what it takes to manage this branch and I have asked all my co-workers. All of them said I am the perfect replacement. I also know that I can do this. My boss on the other hand seems unconvinced and said that I must aquire all the skill and in the future a position might be available for me. The problem is that the boss is hardly here and over the last couple of months I have learnt from the branch manager and I have been doing the extra work and the extra time. Should I now confront my boss and explain this to him. I don't want to sound desperate, but I really put my heart and soul into this and don't want to be dissapointed.
That is why I feel so un motivated to do anything today. I am dissapointed and feel like I have been kicked in the teeth. I know I should not feel like this, but I do deserve more and better than what I am getting at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment