Monday, December 31, 2012

Inspiration

What inspires you?

To get inspired to do something that otherwise would not get done by your own hand.

To find true inspiration is very difficult. People are big-mouthed, preaching stuff that they themselves cannot or will not begin to participate in. There is a lot of falsehood out there.

True inspiration sometimes comes in the oddest forms. From people you don’t know and don’t know you. True inspiration can slap you so hard sometimes in the face and other times come in subtle undertones.

My recently discovered inspirer of all things good inside me is:

Peter Wingfield.

He is in all respects just a regular guy, living and loving his life.

Not only is he a brilliant actor, at the age of 50, he is in medical school. Now, I am the first to admit that studying medicine is not for everyone and certainly not for the faint-hearted. I have studied Biochemistry and Zoology and assume that I know how difficult it is.

Here is a man, who has accomplished so much already going back to school. Balancing school, acting, sports, a 12 year old son and a wife cannot be easy and he seems to breeze through it. He has just as much time in a day as you and I and yet he is taking on so much and completing every task he sets himself with ease and grace.

If that is not inspirational, I sure as hell don’t know what is.

Check it out for yourself at www.pwfc.org

What do you still want to do in your life? Does not matter how old you are, you can follow your dreams and have a wonderful life.

Makes me wonder why I have not taken on more in life and why I seem so directionless. I know what I want to do, but I always come up with excuses not to do it. It is time that I take up the challenge and start doing some of the things I always wanted to do.

First thing on the list is getting fit. Playing more tennis would be a great way to do that. I will try to play more tennis than the once a week Saturday afternoon schedule I am on now.

Will keep everyone posted on how well that is going.

Please write to me at yolande947@gmail.com to let me know some of the things you want to do, but need the proverbial kick in the pants to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment